Important Information About COVID-19
We are committed to serving our members. We continue to monitor federal, state and local health department action and guidance so that we can ensure the health and safety of our members. Listed below are a few frequently asked questions for our Medicare members. For the latest information about the virus, please visit the CDC and WHO websites.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where can I get more information about symptoms, what to do if I am sick and how to protect myself?
- Visit our COVID-19 information page.
Am I at higher risk for COVID-19?
- Older adults, as well as people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease, cancer or diabetes) appear to develop serious illness more often than others.
Is testing for COVID-19 a covered benefit?
- Yes. The Health Plan will cover the cost of copays, co-insurance and deductibles for COVID-19 testing when recommended by a medical professional.
How can I be tested for COVID-19?
- If you are over the age of 65 and have possible symptoms of COVID-19, contact your doctor’s office. Do not travel to a medical facility unless you are instructed to do so.
Can I receive an additional supply of my prescriptions?
- Medicare members can fill 90-day supplies of long-term medications via mail order or local retail pharmacies. The Health Plan’s Pharmacy Services Department is available to assist you if medication shortages or access issues arise. Please call the pharmacy number on the back of your THP ID card.